Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Helsinki Design School

Fashion and style has always been a huge passion of mine and always a big part of my life. I remember my first memory of fashion reading my mother's Vogues she always had at home. I try to read as many fashion magazines as often as I can to be able to follow all the latest trends and people's styles. Besides fashion, films are also a great passion of mine and that's why different awards shows are the perfect events combining my two loves. As I've always thought about these things as more than just a hobby I was thinking to myself why not maybe make a living out of it. So now I finally have and I'm starting to fulfill my dream. 
So I'm very excited that I was chosen as one of the few to the first ever fashion styling and writing degree at Helsinki Design School. I had my first classes already and it didn't feel like school at all and I'm loving it so much. Just to be in a room with people who share the interest for the same thing. Talking about the history of fashion, latest trends or fashion magazines is just so inspiring. In some countries fashion is considered as something very superficial but people do not realize it is art also in its own way. And whether you like it or not fashion affects us all. What do you guys think?





Muoti ja tyyli ovat aina kiinnostaneet minua suunnattomasti ja olleet iso osa elämääni. Ensimmäinen muistoni muotiin liittyen on kun luin äitini Vogue lehtiä kotona. Yritän lukea mahdollisimman paljon muotilehtiä seuratakseni trendejä ja ihmisten tyyliä. Muodin lisäksi myös elokuvat kiinnostavat minua suuresti, joten erilaisten gaalatilaisuuksien seuraaminen yhdistää nämä kaksi intohimoani. Olen aina ajatellut muodista enemmän kuin harrastuksena joten mietiskelin miten siitä voisi mahdollisesti saada työn. Nyt pääsen vihdoinkin toteuttamaan unelmaani. 

Olen erittäin innoissani että minut valittiin niiden harvojen joukkoon jotka pääsevät opiskelemaan ensimmäiseen muotitoimittajan tutkintoon Helsinki Design Schoolissa. Ensimmäiset luennot ovat jo takana päin eikä koko päivä opiskelua tuntunut ollenkaan koululta kun innostus on niin suuri ja luokka on täynnä samanhenkisiä ihmisiä. Muodin historiasta, viimeisimmistä trendeistä tai muotilehdistä puhuminen on todella innostavaa. Joissain maissa muoti koetaan pinnalliseksi, mutta ihmiset eivät ymmärrä että se on taidetta omalla tavallaan. Ja halusimme tai emme se vaikuttaa meihin kaikkiin. Vai mitä mieltä olette?

4 comments :

  1. Tämä on kyllä tylsää, että alaan liittyy niin kova "höpöhöpö"-leima Suomessa, mutta ei anneta häiritä! Innostavaa siellä oli ehdottomasti!

    ReplyDelete