Saturday, August 10, 2013

Passed silver, heading for the gold

Yesterday was my parents' 27th wedding anniversary. Since it's an odd number there's no special name for it, the 30th anniversary will be pearl anniversary. Right now they've just passed the silver, and getting closer to the golden one. My grandparents achieved their 50th a few years ago. That's a real milestone.

My mum and I have had this special tradition on their anniversary. She tries on her wedding dress and I get to do that too. And my dad always brings her yellow roses, they're her favourite, mine are the white ones. This is from our photo session last night. The dress is really old-fashioned, long sleeves and almost reminds a bit of Lady Di's wedding dress and her bouquet was similar too. The dress is from the UK and they bought identical dresses with my mum's twin sister. I must say the dress I want is rather different even if this one has been beautiful back in the days also.

I really hope I don't get bad luck for trying on her dress! :)






4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Hur tycker du så? Det är vår tradition. Ja ser nog inget harm i det. :)

      Delete
  2. In picking your choice among the many birdal
    birdcage veils available at present, you have to consider the design of your
    wedding dress and the specific theme for your wedding.
    Your veil should still coordinate with the theme of your wedding and should
    be in perfect harmony with your gown. To make your veil more unique, accessories like
    feathers, jewels, fresh flowers, pearls, rhinestone accents and sparkling
    crystals may be used. Fascinators which are defined as the hair accessories used
    to hold birdcage veils into place can also be worn
    with stunning ornamental pieces.At http://www.etsy.com/shop/BetiDesign you can purchase a one of a kind birdcage veil.



    Also visit my webpage :: wedding shoes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. I'm nowhere near planning my wedding yet and this is my mum's dress but I won't be wearing it, I'll definitely get my own. :)

      Delete