Monday, May 26, 2014

Summery weekend

Okay so I've been gone for quite a while. But I have a great "excuse". A heat wave hit our beautiful country, and knowing the Finnish summer it can end anytime so you gotta enjoy it. It's been nearly +30C (more in the sun) every day now and tomorrow it'll sadly end. I just hope my birthday coming up soon will be sunny. My younger little brother and my mum joined some of my cousins and aunt on a trip to Poland last weekend, so I headed home to prevent the house from falling apart. Just kidding. My sister, brother and dad working the dog would've been alone for a few days so it was better to go home and keep him company as I could get my own things done while being there too. 
On Friday I dropped my sister off to work and drove straight to our lake house. The sun was up high early so I took the kayak out in the lake. Water check, sunglasses check and dog check and ready to go.  The sun always shines brighter when you're surrounded by water too. I was paddling against the little waves to get a workout as well. Then I just stopped and enjoyed the sun. We spent a good couple of hours out there and enjoyed lunch on the terrace. I had plans for the evening so we headed back home a bit earlier and also picked up my sister from work. The Finland-Canada game hype was still on and I couldn't believe we made it to the final games but there was nothing being played on Friday. 

Saturday was beautiful also and I spent a part of it with the doggie and my brother at the lake house again. An exciting match between Finland and Czech Republic guaranteed Finland a spot in the final match. I also cooked some dinner for me and my dad as no one else was at home. My Sunday started early with work and watching the bronze medal game that Sweden eventually won. My mum's (et co) flight was arriving later that evening so my dad drove me home and we watched the two first sets before he headed to the airport and a friend of mine joined me to watch the game. I wouldn't call it a game really. Anyone who has ever watched a hockey game knows it. The Russian head coach was banned from coaching that night because of his behavior earlier, but surprise there he was sitting with an earpiece and a walkie-talkie. Not to mention he joined the ceremony after. The referees were clearly bought as the injury Malkin caused to Haula in the first period went unnoticed, but when a Russian crossed his skates and fell by himself the Finnish team was punished. And it kept going all night. The Russians only scored during power play which shows that with  an honest fair play the situation would've been a whole lot different, especially when they were losing at one point. Politics is politics and nothing can be done about that. We won the silver, would've earned the gold. This tournament was all about of the referees, whether which one of the teams would've suffered. 

Okei, on ollut hieman pidempi tauko blogista. Minulla on hyvä "tekosyy"Lämpöaallon iskiessä kannattaa siitä nauttia kun Suomen kesä on niin arvaamaton. Mittari on näyttänyt lähemmäs +30C astetta (auringossa enemmänkin) ja huomenna siihen tulee ikävä kyllä muutos. Toivottavasti vauhdilla lähestyvä synttäripäiväni tulee olemaan aurinkoinen. Nuorempi pikkuveljeni lähti äitini, serkkujen ym. kanssa Puolaan viikonlopuksi joten suuntasin kotikonnuille pitämään taloa pystyssä. Siskoni, veljeni ja isäni olivat kaikki töissä joten olin samalla myös pitämässä koiralle seuraa ja sain tietysti myös omia hommia samalla tehtyä. 

Perjantaina heitin siskon töihin ja suuntasin mökille. Aurinko paistoi jo aamusta joten työnsin kajakin vesille. Vesipullo, aurinkolasit ja koira check ja valmis. Aurinko paistaa aina kirkkaammin kun on vettä ympärillä. Meloin aaltoja vasten ja sain samalla hyvää treeniä. Sitten vain pysähdyin nauttimaan auringosta. Vietimme kunnon tunnit siinä ja sitten olikin lounaan nauttiminen terassilla. Minulla oli iltamenoa joten lähdimme kotiin jo hieman aiemmin ja haimme siskon töistä. Suomi-Kanada hype oli vielä mielessä enkä osannut ymmärtää että olimme päässeet mitalipeleihin. Perjantaina ei tosin pelattu pelin peliä. 

Myös lauantaina oli kaunis ilma joten vietin osan päivästä koiran ja veljeni kanssa mökillä. Suomen ja Tsekin välinen jännä matsi takasi Leijonille pääsyn loppuotteluun. Tein myös illallista itselleni ja isälle kun muita ei ollut kotona. Sunnuntaina menin aikaisin töihin ja katsoin myös pronssiottelun jonka Ruotsi lopulta voitti. Äitini (ja jengin) lenti saapui sunnuntai-iltana joten isä heitti minut kotiin ja katsoimme matsin kaksi ensimmäistä erää yhdessä. Hyvä ystäväni tulikin sitten pitämään seuraa viimeiseen erään. En kutsuisi sitä peliksi. Kuka vaan joka on joskus nähnyt lätkämatsin tietää että ei sitä noin pelata. Venäjän päätuomari oli toimitsijakiellossa kurkunleikkauseleensä vuoksi mutta kappas vaan siellä hän istui korvanapin ja radiopuhelimen kanssa katsomossa. Ja osallistui vielä kaiken lisäksi loppuseremoniaan. Tuomarit oli mitä ilmeisimmin lahjottu kun katsoi heti ensimmäisessäkin erässä Malkinin Haulalle aihettamaa vahinkoa jota ei edes vihelletty, mutta venäläisen ristitessä luistimensa kaatuakseen toi suomalaisille rangaistuksen. Ja sama jatkui koko illan. Venäläiset tekivät maaleja vain ylivoimalla, mikä kertoo että reilulla pelillä tilanne olisi ollut aivan toinen, varsinkin kun he yhdessä vaiheessa olivat jopa häviöllä. Politiikka ei muuksi muutu. Voitimme hopeaa, mutta olisimme ansainneet kultaa. Turnaus oli tuomareiden, sillä ei ollut väliä kumpi joukkue kärsi (ajattelisin samalla tavalla jos Suomea olisi suosittu, mikä on aika epätodennäköistä) mutta tällä kertaa Leijonat sai kärsiä.










Light lunch 




4 comments :