Saturday, March 2, 2013

Things change

Today I went to Helsinki, my home to check out things are okay there and to take care of some things. It was a wonderful day. The sun was shining and I felt good. As I walked in my neighbourhood and the center I realized how many things have changed in only two months that I've been gone. A bank I used to go to has closed their office, a nightclub/lounge I used to walk by on my way to the gym has become some sort of a restaurant....I wonder what changes the next three months will bring.

Well, some things don't change, like the fact that we still have great Finnish music. Today was the Emma gala (Finnish equivalent for the Grammy's). I haven't missed any of our award shows this year yet thanks to a great thing called Internet! :) This one I got to watch live on tv. There were no surprises. Newcomers Jukka Poika and Robin (Finnish Justin Bieber) won most awards.

One of my favourite artists, Cheek finished the show really neatly, with a mix of some of his songs, dressed really classy in a tux. Oh I just love a man in a suit. Here's a clip.

Hyvää viikonloppua! (have a nice weekend in Finnish!)



No comments :

Post a Comment