Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My first night in Nice

What can I say. I'm finally here! It's been almost half a year since I finished my studies and now I'm back. I don't like to pack early, rather just get everything together rather last minute. That's what happened this time also. I had most stuff packed but then my aunt called and asked about my flight and wished me a nice trip and afterwards my mother called and I noticed I am running out of time. A quick bite to eat, running back and forth trying to figure out what I've forgotten and I hadn't even weighed the suitcase. So when I got the call that my ride had arrived the real hurry started. I had to remove some stuff from my bag since weight wise it was too much so I just grabbed some stuff to my hand luggage. At the airport everything went smoothly, until the scale there told me I still had too much weight. Great! At least the security check didn't cause any problems and I was ready to hit the gate. The plane wasn't full and we even lifted a few minutes early. I got a whole row all to myself cause there was so much space. The flight wasn't too bad, though after flying all spring around Europe on the shortest flights you can imagine even a 3 hour flight felt long. I was nervous if I was gonna get my bag or not since it had gone wrong before, but since it was a straight flight I had nothing to worry. 
Mitä voin sanoa, olen vihdoinkin täällä! Lähes puoli vuotta opintojeni päättymisen jälkeen olen palannut. En pidä aikaisin pakkaamisesta vaan heitän kaikki yhteen yleensä viime tipassa. Asia ei muuttunut tälläkään kertaa. Suurin osa tavaroista oli pakattu kun tätini soitti ja kyseli lennosta ja toivotti minulle hyvää matkaa. Ja heti perään soitti äitini, ja huomasin että nyt aika alkaa olemaan vähissä. Äkkiä purtavaa ja jo juoksin ympäri asuntoa miettien mitä olen unohtanut. En ollut edes punninnut laukkuani. Kun kyydistäni sitten soitettiin voi sanoa että kiire vasta alkoi. Minun piti poistaa tavaraa laukusta sillä se painoi liikaa, joten nappasin vain tavaraa käsimatkatavaroihin. Lentokentällä kaikki sujui hyvin, kunnes vaaka näytti että minulla oli vieläkin liikaa tavaraa. Mahtavaa! Ainakin turvatarkastus sujui ongelmitta ja olin valmis suuntaamaan portille. Kone ei ollut läheskään täynnä ja pääsimme lähtemään jopa muutama minuutti etuajassa. Minulla oli oma rivi kokonaan itselläni, sillä tilaa todellakin oli. Lento meni mukavasti, mutta voitte kuvitella että lennettyäni Euroopassa koko kevään mitä lyhyempiä lentoja jopa 3 tuntia tuntui pitkältä. Olin hieman hermoissani saisinko laukkuni vai en, sillä se oli ennenkin mennyt väärin. Onneksi kyseessä oli kuitenkin suora lento eikä tarvinnut huolehtia. 

Something to read on the plane

The sun is always shining up in the clouds

My friend Moritz came to meet me and after dropping off my stuff we went out to have dinner on the pedestrian street. It is filled with restaurants and shops which means it's filled with people also. You can notice tourist season is almost over but you can still see a few of them around, recognized by their holiday outfits while the locals cover up more. As I've told you guys many times before I love goat cheese so when I saw the goat cheese salad on the list I had to have it. It turned out to be one of the biggest salads I've ever had, but I was hungry and it was so good. 

Ystäväni Moritz tuli minua vastaan ja vietyämme tavarani hänen asunnolleen lähdimme ulos kävelykadulle syömään. Se on täynnä ravintoloita ja kauppoja mikä tarkoittaa myös paljon ihmisiä. Huomaa että pahin turistiaika on melkein ohi, mutta jonkun verran turisteja täällä vielä pyörii. Heidät tunnistaa lomavaatteista, kun taas paikalliset pukeutuvat peittävämmin. Kuten olen toistuvasti sanonut rakastan vuohenjuustoa. Joten kun näin vuohenjuustosalaatin listalla minun oli pakko saada se. Se olikin yksi suurimmista salaateista jonka koskaan olen syönyt, mutta olin todella nälkäinen ja se oli todella hyvää.


Yummy




No comments :

Post a Comment