Saturday, November 23, 2013

Oh Christmas Tree

Some of you might know how much I love Christmas. Not the commercial part with buying all useless things you call gifts but the spirit of Christmas, the ambiance and being together with loved ones. Unfortunately recently Christmas has become very commercial and it feels like all kids care about is how many presents they have under the Christmas tree. Over the years I've learned to appreciate the most meaningful thing about Christmas the most; being together with my family. You never know what happens in life which is why you should cherish those moments spent together. 
All this comes to my post today. As I spend Christmas with my family then I always want the Christmas feel in my apartment early. So I just finished decorating my Christmas tree this week. Crazy? Not as it has been sometime when I've even trimmed the tree in October. What can I say, I love the holidays. Each time I get the decorations is also the first time listening to some carols, it gives it that extra meaning and more Christmas feel. 

Jotkut teistä saattavat tietää kuinka rakastan joulua. En sitä kaupallista puolta kun ostetaan läjäpäin turhia lahjoja vaan joulun henkeä, tunnelmaa ja rakkaiden kanssa yhdessäoloa. Valitettavasti viime aikoina joulusta on tullut erittäin kaupallinen ja tuntuu että ainoa asia mistä lapset välittävät on lahjojen määrä kuusen alla. Vuosien saatossa olen oppinut arvostamaan joulun tärkeintä asiaa eli perheen kanssa yhdessäoloa. Koskaan ei voi tietää mitä elämässä tapahtuu joten yhdessä vietettyjä hetkiä tulisi vaalia. 

Kaikki tämä liittyy tämän päivän postaukseen. Koska vietän joulun aina perheeni kanssa haluan joulutunnelmaa omaan asuntooni ajoissa. Sain siis joulukuusen koristeltua tällä viikolla. Hullua? Ei niin kuin joskus aiemmin jolloin olen koristellut kuusen jo lokakuussa. Mitä tuohon voi sanoa, rakastan joulunaikaa. Kun koristelen kuusen kuuntelen myös ensimmäistä kertaa joululauluja, siitä saa vähän lisätarkoitusta ja enemmän joulufiilistä. 







Each one of the decorations I have is special. I still have the same tree I bought when I moved out from my parents' place. It's small cause I don't need a bigger one and it's easier to handle also. My color theme is gold and white with some feathers and I like to keep it like that and not mix too much, it's the way I like it. In the pictures you see some of my favorite decorations and I pack them well so they will stay good for years. If I see something nice and special I buy it as an addition to my tree. Even though I do love Christmas I couldn't possible eat the food yet. Some people do but I feel like if I start now the word Christmas dinner loses the meaning. And it really is just too much. 

Jokainen koriste on tärkeä ja erikoinen. Minulla on edelleen sama kuusi jonka ostin kun muutin vanhemmilta omilleni. Se on pieni koska en tarvitse suurempaa ja sitä on helpompi käsitellä. Väriteemani on kulta-valkoinen ripauksella sulkia.  Haluan pitää sen sellaisena enkä sekoitella liikaa. Kuvissa näette muutamia lempikoristeitani, ja pidän huolta että aina pakkaan ne hyvin että ne säilyvät hyvinä vuosia. Jos näen jotain kivaa ja erikoista ostan sen lisänä kuuseeni. Vaikka rakastan joulua en voisi kuvitella syöväni jouluruokaa vielä. Jotkut tekevät sitä, mutta minun mielestäni jouluateria menettää merkityksensä jos syö liikaa ennen joulua. Ja onhan se aika raskasta. 


My absolute favorite



How do you trim your tree and do you have any decorations that mean something to you?

Miten te koristelette kuusen ja onko teillä jotain tärkeitä koristeita? 


No comments :

Post a Comment