Monday, November 11, 2013

The best dad in the world

Our Father's Day is each year very much the same; dad is working as he always is. I remember growing up us kids got up early in the morning, me in the lead as the oldest, to prepare him breakfast in bed and all the gifts and cards we'd made at school. The past few years have been different from that then. 
My dad is the most hard-working person I've ever known. And I really mean that. It's not just me but the entire family, relatives and friends see how much he works and never complains and it feels like he should be able to get a better reward for his work. I guess when you love something so much you would do it even for free. He hasn't had a holiday in 10 years and I can't remember the last time he would've had a day off completely(yes, not even at Christmas).

Our relationship is very business like and he rarely calls me just to say hello. He never praises too much, and he always expects more than you think. He is demanding but understanding, never gives up and is confident in whatever he does. I'm so glad he has demanded so much from us kids too, showing us that you need to work hard to achieve things in life. And if you want something you gotta work for it and then you can buy it and enjoy it. Everything I invest in I enjoy to the fullest since I know I've worked really hard and I've earned it.

Our Father's Day celebration included visiting grandfather and seeing some cousins and everyone who was there. I also spent a few hours at work today. We usually gather there each mother's and father's day, but since grandma's passing on Mother's Day last year things changed and we only have one celebration. On the contrary with my grandparents from my father's side we still have grandma and of course we pay her a visit on Mother's Day, no Father's Day there anymore though. 

I hope you all enjoyed a lovely Father's Day and remember the meaning of spending time together. You never know what happens in life!

On our way to grandpa's 



Father's Day present to dad

Meidän isänpäivä on vuosittain samanlainen; isä on töissä kuten aina muutenkin. Muistan kun nuorempana me lapset nousimme aikaisin ylös, minä vanhimpana joukkoa johtamassa, ja valmistimme isälle aamiaisen sänkyyn ja veimme lahjat ja kortit jotka olimme tehneet koulussa. Viime vuodet ovat siis olleet hieman erilaisia. 

Isäni on ahkerin ihminen jonka tiedän ja todella tarkoitan sitä. Koko perhe, sukulaiset ja ystävät ovat huomanneet kuinka paljon hän tekee töitä eikä ikinä valita, ja tuntuu siltä että hänen pitäisi saada parempi palkinto kovasta työstään. Kai se on niin että kun rakastaa tehdä jotain noinkin paljon sitä voisi tehdä jopa ilmaiseksi. Hän ei ole pitänyt lomaa kymmeneen vuoteen enkä edes muista päivää jolloin hän olisi ollut kokonaan täysin vapaalla (ei edes jouluna).

Suhteemme on erittäin työntäyteinen ja isä soittaa vain harvoin kysyäkseen kuulumisia. Hän ei ikinä kehu liikaa ja odottaa aina enemmän kuin mitä luuleet. Hän on vaativa mutta ymmärtäväinen, ei ikinä luovuta ja on varma siitä mitä ikinä tekeekin. Olen kuitenkin iloinen että hän on vaatinut meiltä lapsilta niin paljon, ja näyttänyt että saavuttaakseen jotain elämässä pitää tehdä kovasti töitä. Jos haluaa jotain pitää olla ahkera ja sitten kun esimerkiksi ostat haluamasi voit todellakin nauttia siitä. Nautin kaikesta johon sijoitan täysin rinnoin koska tiedän että olen tehnyt töitä sen eteen ja ansaitsen sen. 

Isänpäivän juhlintaamme kuului vierailu papan luona jossa näin myös serkkuja ja muita. Vietin itse myös muutaman tunnin töissä tänään. Kokoonnumme yleensä sinne äitienpäivänä ja isänpäivänä, mutta mamman poismenon jälkeen äitienpäivänä viime vuonna asiat muuttuivat. Päinvastoin isäni vanhemmilla tulee käytyä äitienpäivänä mummia katsomassa, vaikka ukkia ei enää ole. 

Toivottavasti teillä kaikilla oli ihana isänpäivä ja muistakaa yhdessäolon merkitys, koskaan kun ei tiedä mitä elämässä tapahtuu!


No comments :

Post a Comment