Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The golden age of pop bands

I was surfing through the different tv channels and found a movie on about S Club. It instantly reminded me of the golden age of pop bands, the 90s when I was growing up. Who could forget about Spice Girl's major energy-filled first single Wannabe or a school disco slow dance favorite such as As Long As You Love Me. That was the time when you had no responsibilities and no idea about what life is gonna bring. Sometimes I wish I still was a kid cause those were much more simple times. Technology was used mostly for work and kids didn't have the need for cellphones and laptops and tablets etc. Nowadays it's sad how dependent we are on technology. Some kids are so attached that they don't see a life without a phone, a laptop and a tv. 
I remember reading an article about an American girl who was thinking exactly like this. She said if I'm not doing something on my phone I'm watching tv or I'm on my computer. If I'm not on my computer I might as well go to bed. Her life was all about technology and that also controlled their circle of friends. Anyways to not get completely off topic here are a few 90s favorites. Still remember these? Which one do you like the most or you have another favorite? Comment!

Surffailin tv-kanavia ja törmäsin S Clubista kertovaan leffaan. Minulla tuli heti mieleen pop bändien kultainen 90-luku, aika jona kasvoin. Kuka voisi unohtaa Spaissareiden Wannabe-hittiä tai koulun diskojen slovari-kingiä, Backareiden As Long As You Love Me-biisiä. Se oli aikaa jolloin ei ollut vastuuta eikä vielä hajuakaan siitä mitä elämä tuo tullessaan. Joskus toivon että olisin vielä lapsi sillä ne olivat yksinkertaisempia aikoja. Teknologiaa käytettiin pääasiassa työntekoon ja lapset eivät tarvinneet kännyköitä, läppäreitä tai tabeja. Nykyään on surullista kuinka riippuvaisia olemme tekniikasta. Jotkut lapset ovat niin kiintyneitä että he eivät näe elämää ilman näitä laitteita.

Muistan lukeneeni artikkelia amerikkalaisesta tytöstä joka ajatteli juuri näin. Hän sanoi että jos ei räplää puhelintaan hän katsoo TVtä tai on tietokoneella. Jos en ole tietokoneella voin yhtä hyvin mennä nukkumaan. Hänen elämänsä keskipiste oli teknologia ja se myös vaikutti siihen keitä hänen kaveripiiriinsä kuului. Jotta ei ajauduttaisi ihan sivuraiteille tässä muutama 90-luvun suosikki. Vieläkö muistat nämä? Mistä pidät eniten vai onko muita suosikkeja? Kommentoi!








No comments :

Post a Comment