Sunday, May 5, 2013

Homelike cooking and hockey

After the really long but even more exciting night I was exhausted. On Friday the ice hockey world championships started in Helsinki and Stockholm and Finland won their first game against Germany 4-3 while Sweden lost theirs 2-3 to Switzerland. That's gotta hurt, especially on their home arena. As I've said earlier I was volunteering at the championships last year. Now I just follow all my friends' updates about it, most are doing it again.

I love cooking but I feel that while I've been here there's so much to do and places to go to that I don't spend that much time in the kitchen so I decided to actually cook something on Saturday. I had a few more ingredients from back home, such as the basic but very well-known macaroni, tuna spiced with lemon pepper and some tomato sauce with an herbal taste.

It's very easy to make. Just cook the macaroni, add the tomato sauce and tuna (and some creme fraîche if you like) and season how you want. Quick and easy.



Being abroad makes it also harder to watch hockey (one of my favourite sports as some of you must know by now). The rights are restricted in a lot of European countries, if you try to watch via IIHF channel on YouTube for example, but I managed to watch some of the Finland-Slovakia game (final score 2-0 to Finland) anyway, though it was not that exciting yet. For the preliminary games I think the first real challenge will be Finland playing USA. Anyone up for watching that next Wednesday? Hopefully we'll get to see more amazing saves by the Finnish newbie goalie Antti Raanta.

7 comments :

  1. Must be very delicious. I like cooking, like food...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you import macaroni from Finland if you're staying in France? Sounds pretty stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't call it importing as it was just one package and for a simple reason; because some things just are better at home. Of course you can get anything here but it doesn't mean it's the same, such as Fazer chocolate for example. So I don't think it's stupid at all! :)

      Delete
    2. There is no way those cheap macaronies can be better than french or italian equivalent, or was your reply a joke?

      Delete
    3. And how would you know they are cheap? Tried some? Not saying they beat the real kind of Italian pasta for example but it's a piece of home. Don't have to be rude!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete