Saturday, June 1, 2013

Running in the ruins of Pompeii

We arrived in Naples late on Saturday night. Kristin and I stayed at a hotel close to the Molo Beverello harbor, we just took it easy and she went out to get us pizza and wine and we talked all night.

The following day we took the train to Pompeii to see the ruins of the ancient city that was destroyed and covered in ashes when Mount Vesuvius erupted 79AD. I studied Latin for six years in school so for me it was a very big thing, our teacher was always so passionately telling us about it. I've already seen Rome and it's treasures so after seeing Pompeii my Roman history knowledge is satisfied.

It was a very nice day and before we entered the ruins we sat down at this nice and cool lemon garden for some really fresh sandwiches, true and pure Italian ingredients. It was amazing to walk in the ruins and see how modest people have actually once lived. It made me think if we really need all the stuff we have, times really have changed since then.











No comments :

Post a Comment