Monday, February 25, 2013

The 85th Academy Awards - The Red Carpet

Needless to say, I love the Oscars. It combines two of my favourite things; fashion and movies. This time was going to be different since I'm in France. I was watching the red carpet in bed and listening to the interviews and of course admiring the gowns. Our school's Annual Ball happened to be in Helsinki the same day so if I would've been back home it would've been even more Oscar feeling for me. Some years it occurs right on the same day since our ball is always on the 24th. I think we can all agree on that Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Adams (my absolute two favourites, what do you guys think?) shined like real stars on the red carpet. This year the fashion was very focused on basic colors such as white, black, red and a lot of sparkle. Here are the best picks for this year.

One of my two favourites: Amazing Academy Award winner Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture


My favourite: Gorgeous Amy Adams in Oscar de la Renta


Amanda Seyfried in Alexander McQueen




Kelly Rowland wearing Donna Karan Atelier

Jennifer Aniston in a gorgeous red Valentino gown 


Naomi Watts wearing Armani Prive

Katherine Zeta-Jones in  Zuhair Murad


Zoey Zaldana in Alexis Mabille 

Academy Award winner Anne Hathaway wearing Prada


No comments :

Post a Comment