Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Holiday

After a fun but long Friday night I decided I'd take it a bit easier on Saturday. It felt like the day really went by so fast. I hadn't watched a movie in such a long time and I felt that would be the fun thing to do. I love movies a lot, my movie collection back home consists of nearly 300 movies. It is hard to choose a favourite but one of my favourite movies if not the best one is The Holiday with Cameron Diaz, Kate Winslet, Jude Law and Jack Black.  I don't know if you all have seen it but you really should.

                 
  
The official trailer for The Holiday (2006)

Music is also very important to me and in this movie it has a particular meaning. It's this certain part that always makes me feel good (listen especially from part 1.43 from the Maestro track below). Every single time I see this movie I cry no matter where I am. It's a happy and a sad story at the same time. I have to give big ups for Germany and Hans Zimmer. He never lets you down. He has composed music to movies such as Rain Man, (1988) Thelma & Louise, (1991) Gladiator, (2000), Pearl Harbour, (2001) Inception, (2010) the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and many more. The man never lets you down.



Maestro by Hans Zimmer in The Holiday (2006)

I've always told myself I want the kinda love you see in the movies. Yet, when it comes to life I'm a realist. I guess I still, like almost any girl in this world, hope to find a Prince Charming, knight in shining armour. This movie just makes you feel good when you have found that or while you're still waiting or well, in any occasion really. One of my favourite scenes in this movie is lovers' first meeting, when Amanda meets Iris' brother Graham and neither of them realize what an adventure they're gonna have together in front of them.  Below is the link to this scene. 


the Holiday- Lovely Scene


No comments :

Post a Comment