Friday, February 22, 2013

Macarons and other treats

The day in Geneva felt long and as I arrived back home I went early to bed. Before that I did enjoy some of the well-earned treats I bought in Geneva, some Ladurée macarons. They are probably the most well-known macarons in the world, created by Pierre Desfontaines, second cousin of Louis Ernest Ladurée in the early 20th century. Among the flavours I chose were chocolate, raspberry, chestnut, hazelnut and vanilla. They were exactly as they were supposed to be; crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.



My sister also brought me some lovely souvenirs from back home, Fazer chocolate. The Fazer blue as we all know is the most sold chocolate in Finland, they also have a patent for the Fazer blue color. It was first introduced in 1922 and has been nominated the most valued brand in Finland. For my foreign readers you can find out more on http://www.fazer.com/Brands/Karl-Fazer/ (unfortunately the information is limited in English)  I also noticed that while I've been gone the wrappings have also received a new design. I enjoyed my pastries and chocolate together with some stories and fashion from the February issue of Finnish Cosmopolitan. 




2 comments :