Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Congrats Meryl and Charlie!

The Olympics are on for almost one more week. I've been trying to follow as much as I can. My absolutely two favorite sports to watch have been ice hockey and figure skating without a doubt. As a former figure skater myself I love the sport. The ice is tough on you but it is just so beautiful. I follow all four categories but there's just something extra special about Ice Dancing. You don't need to jump and make too many pirouettes and can just focus on the expression itself. The lifts truly make the choreography. I have thought a lot of times what it would be like to skate with a partner, that really requires a lot of trust in the other person. I was watching the Ice Dancing free skating last night and my favorite couple Meryl Davis and Charlie White finally got their gold medal. Four years ago the Canadians won gold in Vancouver, and this couple silver. Now the tables were turned. I've followed Davis and White's career for a very long time, and they are just beyond amazing I think. I wish them all the best and good luck with their careers!
Olympialaisia kestää vielä lähes viikon verran. Olen yrittänyt seurata niitä niin paljon kuin mahdollista. Kaksi suosikkilajiani ovat ehdottomasti olleet jääkiekko ja taitoluistelu. Entisenä taitoluistelijana rakastan sitä lajia. Jää ei ole helppo vastus mutta se on vaan niin kaunista. Seuraan kaikkia neljää kategoriaa mutta jäätansssissa on vain sitä jotain. Ei tarvise keskittyä hyppyihin ja piruetteihin vaan itse ilmaisuun. Ja nostot tietysti kruunaavat ohjelman. Olen monesti miettinyt millaista olisi luistella parin kanssa, vaati varmasti paljon luottoa toiseen. Seurasin jäätanssin vapaaohjelmaa eilen ja lempiparini Meryl Davis ja Charlie White saivat vihdoin kultamitalin. Neljä vuotta sitten kanadalaiset saivat sen Vancouverissa ja tämä pari hopeaa, tällä kertaa kävi toisin päin. Olen seurannut heidän uraansa todella kauan ja he ovat kertakaikkiaan upea pari. Toivotan heille kaikkea hyvää ja menestystä urillaan!


No comments :

Post a Comment