Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas mood and a good tip

Isn't it wonderful how it is almost Christmas? I had my first exam on Monday and I was so tired afterwards I went back to bed to sleep a bit more since I'd only slept a few hours. I also got a phone call I have been waiting for weeks and the news were great, I'll tell you more later when everything is clear. How did your week start? Today I was at a place called Teerenpeli drinking some glogg, which is a traditional Christmas time drink especially in the Scandinavia. Kinda like eggnog is traditional in the States. To glogg you can also add some raisins and almonds, and drink ones with or without alcohol. We talked for a few hours about everything you can imagine and also our Christmas plans. Afterwards we went for a quick Christmas shopping time together. One of my friends is actually making facial masks from scratch to some of her friends, I can't wait to hear how it turns out. Since it's almost time to go back home I cleaned the apartment today ready for Christmas, tomorrow will be time for laundry. 
Eikö ole ihanaa että kohta on joulu? Eka tenttini oli maanantaina ja olin jälkeenpäin niin väsynyt että menin takaisin nukkumaan, sillä olin vain nukkunut muutaman tunnin. Sain myös kauan odottamani puhelinsoiton ja hyviä uutisia, joista en vielä halua kertoa tarkemmin ennen kuin kaikki on selvää. Miten teidän viikko alkoi? Tänään vietin iltaa tyttöjen kanssa glögiä juoden Teerenpelissä, se on kiva paikka istuskella. Glögihän on yhtä perinteikästä jouluna Skandinaaviassa kuin munatoti Jenkeissä. Puhuimme muutaman tunnin vaikka mistä, ja tietysti joulusuunnitelmista. Sen jälkeen käväisimme yhdessä hetken jouluostoksilla. Yksi ystävistäni tekee alusta asti kasvonaamioita läheisilleen, en malta odottaa kuulla miten siinä käy. Koska pian on aika lähteä joulunviettoon siivosin myös asuntoni, huomenna onkin sitten pyykin vuoro. 

I also tried to get as many Christmas cards written today as I could. I tend to send a lot of them but now I just don't have the time because of all the school. Last year I didn't send any since I was preparing my exchange semester in Nice. One thing I like about these dark and cold (not so much now though) evenings is mood lightning. A lot of candles and especially tealights. It gives the entire home some real mood. I also have a tip for you. Have you ever gotten some stearin on a tablecloth for example? That happened to me the other day and I didn't know what to do. Here's a tip that works, I tested it myself. Try to scratch all the extra stearin away with a knife for example. Place a piece of absorbent paper towel underneath and above the spot where the stearin is. Warm up the iron mildly increasing the temperature if needed and iron thoroughly the spot where the stearin is. It will magically melt away onto the paper towel. 

Yritin myös kirjoittaa mahdollisimman monta joulukorttia tänään. Lähetän yleensä monta, mutta nyt ei jotenkin ole ollut aikaa koulun ohella. Viime vuonna en lähettänyt ainuttakaan kun valmistelin Nizzaan lähtöä. Yksi asia kyllä piristää näinä pimeinä ja kylminä iltoina. Tunnelmavalaistus. Paljon kynttilöitä ja erityisesti tuikkuja. Se todellakin luo kotiin tunnelmaa. Minulla on myös teille pieni vinkki. Oletteko koskaan onnistuneet saamaan steariinia esimerkiksi pöytäliinaan? Minulle kävi niin ihan hiljattain. Tässä tulee toimiva vinkki jolla sen saa pois, testasin itse. Raaputa kaikki irtonainen steariini pois esimerkiksi veitsellä. Aseta pala imukykyistä talouspaperia sekä ongelmakohdan alle että päälle. Lämmitä silitysrauta miedolla lämmöllä, lisää lämpötilaa tarvittaessa. Silitä huolellisesti steariinikohtaa. Se häviää kuin taikoen ja imeytyy talouspaperiin. 







1 comment :