Thursday, December 12, 2013

Midnight thoughts

I'm sitting on my computer and trying to finish another paper I have due noon. It feels like the closer Christmas is the less I have motivation for this stuff. It's been a lot of all-nighters and lack of sleep. Friday is my last class this year so I'm really looking forward to that, then it's just gonna be independent work from then on and of course Christmas celebrations and some working too. Time has gone by so fast. It was just October and I was enjoying the sun in Nice and visiting my friends and now it's less than two weeks until Christmas Eve. Where did the time go? The days are shorter and shorter which really doesn't help with this motivation problem when it gets dark at 3.30pm. It must be the tiredness making me feel like this. Am I getting old or something? I've noticed that sometimes a night with less sleep than usually can cause me being completely exhausted the following day. I used to be fine before. Exercise keeps me going though. Friday is also my mum and aunt's birthday, yes they're twins. It's also the day of Lucia, the girl of light. There's a big ceremony every year at the Dome of Helsinki where the Lucia of Finland is crowned and she sings some songs before stepping out of the church and riding around the city with her horse carriage and the "parade". It's really beautiful and worth seeing really if the weather's not too cold cause you're gonna have to stand outside for quite a while. I think I'm gonna get back to my paper now, just wanted to share some thoughts with you guys. Anyone of you got tips for lack of motivation? I'd gladly hear some. Have a nice night!


Istun koneella ja yritän saada taas yhtä raporttia valmiiksi jonka pitäisi olla keskipäivällä valmis. Tuntuu siltä että mitä enemmän joulu lähestyy, sitä vähemmän löytyy motivaatiota näihin juttuihin. Takana on monta lähes koko yön kestäviä kirjoitussessioita ja menetettyjä yöunia. Perjantaina minulla on tämän vuoden viimeinen luento ja odotan sitä todella. Sen jälkeen onkin sitten vain itsenäistä työtä. Väliin mahtuu tietysti myös joulunviettoa sekä hieman töitä. Aika on mennyt niin nopeasti. Vastahan oli lokakuu ja olin Nizzassa nauttimassa auringosta ja moikkaamassa kavereita, ja nyt jouluaattoon on enää alle kaksi viikkoa aikaa. Mihin aika katosi? Päivät vain lyhenevät eikä se todellakaan auta motivaation kannalta. Väsymys ja unenpuute varmaan aihettaa tämän. Onko minusta tulossa vanha? Olen huomannut että jos yksikin yö nukun liian vähän se vaikuttaa todella paljon päivän vireystasoon. Ennen sitä ei edes huomannut. Liikunta tosin auttaa minua jaksamaan. Perjantaina on myös äitini ja tätini syntymäpäivä, he ovat siis kaksoset. Se on myös Lucian päivä. Helsingin Tuomiokirkossa järjestetään aina Lucian kruunajaiset ja ne jotka olette siellä olleet tiedätte että siellä myös lauletaan ennen kuin neito laskeutuu tuomiokirkon raput alas hevosrattaisiin ja kiertää kulkueensa kanssa. Se on kaunista katseltavaa jos ulkona ei ole liian kylmä, siinähän joutuu jonkin aikaa ulkona olemaan. Taidan palata kirjoittamisen pariin, halusin vain jakaa mietteitä kanssanne. Onko kenelläkään vinkkejä motivaation puutteeseen? Kuulisin mielelläni. Hyvää yötä kaikille!




No comments :

Post a Comment