Friday, December 6, 2013

Happy Independence Day!

When I opened the curtains today I saw it was snowing. But unfortunately it didn't continue for long. Today Finland is celebrating it's 96th Independence Day and the annual President's Ball is moved to another city so the night has looked a little different than it usually does. As for my Independence Day it's been calm and easy and as it has become a tradition I went to the sauna before I started watching the Ball. At home my family's having some guests over and my mum was teasing me with all they yummy things they were gonna have. Thinking of going home? Maybe a little. Happy Independence Day!



Kun avasin sälekaihtimet tänään satoi lunta. Valitettavasti sitä ei kuitenkaan jatkunut kauan. Tänään on Suomen 96. Itsenäisyyspäivä. Presidentin perinteiset Linnan Juhlat on siirretty Tampereelle ja juhlallisuudet ovat hieman erilaiset kuin yleensä. Oma itsenäisyyspäivänviettoni on ollut aika rauhallista ja kävinkin jo perinteisesti saunassa ennen juhlien alkamista. Kotona perheen luona on vieraita käymässä ja äiti kiusasikin minua kaikilla herkuilla mitä heillä tulee olemaan. Tekisikö mieli lähteä kotiin? Ehkä vähän. Hyvää Itsenäisyyspäivää!


Chocolate balls with champagne 




No comments :

Post a Comment