Saturday, January 4, 2014

A new year has started

Well, it's a new year. How has yours started? I've been taking it easy but been quite busy with working and more school deadlines and such. Today I also read some news that winter might be called off cause the weather hasn't been like that at all. Can you imagine? Canceling winter in Finland. In the northern parts, Lapland that is there's plenty of snow and minus degrees though, but here in the south it's like a long fall. I don't mind the "warmth" but some snow would be nice though. Then again what snow usually causes is huge parking problems in the cities and when it melts it gets all brown and wet, that's gross and not good for the shoes either. Hehe. Lapland isn't that far away, only an hour by plane so it's easy to get some winter for a while if you wanna get some. And apparently it's a big hit now since a lot of British and French tourists are visiting up there. Even some royals.

Yesterday my brothers and I were watching some old home movies from 15 years back. Gosh how the time really has flown by. Some was from our trips around that we used to do, especially at summer time. I remember back then I had an obsession with a teen show called Sweet Valley High. Anyone else? I was obsessed with reading the books too, I think I have all of them. Watching my mum's home videos made me realize how movies and television has been a big passion of mine since a kid, even more than music. I was remembering the lines back then already and it hasn't changed until this day. I still remember so many lines and scenes from movies especially and watching them with my family in particular gets them annoyed since I usually spit out the lines before the actors say them. So I dunno, maybe I am in the wrong field and should switch to the film industry, it has always intrigued me. What do you guys think? You have something you're really passionate about? Btw, the phase also included me copying the twins hair and the style of clothes they wore. Those were the days. And it's fun remembering them. 


Uusi vuosi on täällä. Miten teidän on alkanut? Itse olen ottanut iisisti, tehnyt töitä, hionut koulutehtäviä ja sen sellaista. Tänään luin myös uutisista että talvi saatetaan peruutta. Voitteko kuvitella? Talven peruutus Suomessa. Lapissa tosin on reilusti lunta ja pakkasta, mutta etelässä on aivan kuin venähtänyt syksy. Minua ei kyllä "lämpö" haittaa, mutta olisi kiva jos olisi vähän lunta. Toisaalta lumi aiheuttaa niin paljon harmia varsinkin isoissa kaupungeissa. Parkkipaikkoja uupuu, ja kun lumi sulaa niin se on likaista ja ruskeaa loskaa. Ei mukavaa kengillekään. Hehe. Lappihan on vain noin tunnin lentomatkan päässä, joten talvea kaipaaville on myös mahdollista lähteä siellä käymään. Ja näköjään siitä on tulossa trendikästä kun siellä ravaa paljon ranskalaisia ja englantilaisia turisteja. Jopa kuninkaallisia.

Eilen katsoimme veljieni kanssa kotivideoita 15 vuoden takaa. Miten aika onkaan lentänyt. Osa materiaalista oli reissuiltamme joita teimme varsinkin kesäaikaan. Muistan että niinä aikoina minulla oli pakkomielle Sweet Valley High teinisarjaan. Muistaako kukaan? Olin hulluna niihin kirjoihin myös ja minulla taitaa olla ne kaikki. Kun katselin näitä vanhoja kotivideoita tajusin miten elokuvat ja tv on ollut intohimoni jo nuoresta lähtien, jopa enemmän kuin musiikki. Muistin repliikkejä ulkoa jo silloin, eikä se todellakaan ole muuttunut. Muistan edelleen liian monta repliikkiä ja kohtausta elokuvista ja jos katson jotain varsinkin perheeni kanssa saattaa se ärsyttää heitä. Sanat tulevat suustani yleensä ennen näyttelijöitä. Joten en tiedä, ehkä olen väärällä alalla ja pitäisi siirtyä elokuva-alalle, se on aina kiehtonut minua. Mitä mieltä olette? Onko teillä jotain mikä on intohimonne? Muuten, SVH vaihe sisälsi myös kaksosten hius-ja vaatetyylin matkimista. Ne olivat aikoja. Ja niitä on hauska muistella. 



No comments :

Post a Comment