Friday, January 3, 2014

My 2013 Part 1/4

Last year was just incredible for me and I'd like to look back on some of the best moments of last year.
Viime vuosi oli minulle aivan huippu, joten haluaisin palata ajassa takaisin ja hieman muistella sitä.


January

The new year started by me flying to France with a friend of mine from school and beginning my life in a strange country. It was time for my university exchange and I had been looking forward to it for really  long. The winter had started out really cold in Finland so it was just great to get to Nice where the sun was shining slightly more than back home and where minus degrees were not a problem. Our big suitcases were filled and we took a cab from the airport to my apartment. As we wanted to get to know our surroundings we headed out for a walk. I lived just one street away from the beach promenade and the center was only a 5-minute walk away so the location was perfect. 

School started and during the first day we got to know so many new people from all around the world. I'm a really sociable person so I enjoyed this a lot. I instantly made new friends, even some from my home country. It took some time to get used to the school system as it was a bit different from ours. Instead of having two different "periods" in the spring semester we just had one and all the courses during the entire spring. This meant that there were weeks that could be totally free and longer holidays were possible also. When we arrived the Christmas market was still on at the main square and we took a ride in the ferris wheel there too. In January I also visited Cannes for the first time during my stay with the two other Finnish girls. There was some shopping involved too and we saw the NRJ Music Awards at the Festival building too. And the sales started in January and here you could actually make great findings, and probably because of this I got the "reputation" of a shopaholic among my new friends. Well you only live once and why not enjoy once you are living on the French Riviera. I also did my first trip to Italy, Pisa and Florence in January, we had a really fun road trip. 









Tammikuu

Uusi vuosi alkoi sillä että lensin koulukaverini kanssa Ranskaan aloittamaan uutta elämää ja koulua. Oli opiskelijavaihdon aika jota olin odottanut todella kauan. Suomessa talvi oli alkanut todella kylmänä joten oli aivan mahtavaa päästä Nizzaan missä aurinko paistoi hieman enemmän kuin kotona ja missä pakkasasteet eivät häirinneet. Suuret matkalaukkumme olivat täynnä ja hyppäsimme kentältä taksiin ja ajoimme asunnolleni. Halusimme tutustua ympäristöön joten lähdimme pienelle kävelylle. Asuin vain yhden kadun päässä rantakadulta, ja keskusta oli vain 5 minuutin kävelymatkan päässä, täydellinen sijainti siis. 

Koulu alkoi ja ensimmäisenä päivänä tutustuimme moniin uusiin ihmisiin maailman eri kolkista. Olen todella sosiaalinen ihminen joten nautin tästä todella. Sain heti uusia ystäviä, jopa muutaman kotimaastani. Vei oman aikansa totutella koulun systeemiin sillä se poikkesi hieman meidän järjestelmästämme. Sen sijaan että kevätlukukausi olisi jaettu kahteen jaksoon oli meillä vain yksi jakso ja samat kurssit koko kevään. Tämä tarkoitti sitä että saattoi olla kokonaisia viikkoja siellä täällä vapaana, ja pidempiä lomia. Kun saavuimme Nizzaan joulumarkkinat olivat vielä auki pääaukiolla. Siellä oli myös maailmanpyörä jossa kävimme pyörähtämässä. Jo tammikuussa vierailin myös Cannesissa ensimmäisen kerran vaihtoni aikana suomityttöjen kanssa. Kävimme shoppailemassa ja siellä oli samaan aikaan myös NRJ Music Awards-tapahtuma. Tammikuussa alkoi myös ale ja sieltä saattoi tehdä todella hyviä löytöjä. Ehkä siksi sain hieman shoppailuholistin "maineen" uusien ystävieni joukossa. No kerran sitä vain eletään ja miksi sitä ei nauttisi kun kerran Ranskan Rivieralla elää. Kävimme tammikuussa myös ensimmäistä kertaa Italiassa, Pisassa ja Firenzessä. Meillä oli hauska autoreissu. 

February

In February school was becoming a more familiar place and you knew where the different classrooms are and how you'd read the schedule. February was also the time for big events on the French Riviera, such as The Nice Carnival and the Citrus Festival in Menton. I was so excited cause I also had some friends over in February and I loved showing them around in my new home, a trip to Monaco was also a must. Since I knew I was gonna do some more shopping and the distance to my home was so short I flew back home on our winter break for a few days together with my friends when they were leaving. It was so nice to see my family and I had missed our dog so much too. The days went by fast and before I knew it I was back in Nice. Traveling was becoming normal too, for example another trip to Italy (Genoa and Turin) and Geneva, Switzerland where I hung out with my sister and cousin who were there on a holiday. We also celebrated a Finnish holiday by baking the traditional buns for that. 






























Helmikuu

Helmikuussa koulu oli jo tullut tutuksi ja oli helppo löytää luokkiin ja lukea lukujärjestystä. Helmikuussa Rivieralla oli suuria tapahtumia kuten Nizzan karnevaali ja Mentonin citrusfestivaalit. Olin erityisen innoissani sillä pari ystävääni olivat tulossa vierailulle ja oli ihanaa näyttää heille uutta kotiani. Reissu Monacoon oli myös pakollinen. Tiesin että tulen shoppailemaan lisää ja että koti on lähellä joten lähdin muutamaksi päiväksi kotona käymään talvilomallamme. Lensin samalla lennolla kuin ystäväni. Oli ihanaa nähdä perhettä ja koiraa oli ollut myös todella ikävä. Päivät kuluivat nopeasti eikä aikaakaan kun olin taas Nizzassa. Matkustelemisesta tuli myös enemmän arkea, esimerkiksi reissu Italiaan (Genova ja Torino) sekä Sveitsin Geneveen, jossa hengailin siskoni ja serkkuni kanssa, jotka olivat siellä lomalla. Pitihän sitä laskiaista myös juhlia tyttöjen kanssa. 

March

I was told that 2013 was the coldest spring there had been for a while, but in March we started to get some more warmth. It was also Easter and I traveled to Switzerland to visit my Swiss family I lived with for a summer when I was younger. I hadn't seen them in years and the days I spent there were some of the best ever. As it was getting warmer it was also possible to run in less clothes too, which in March in Finland would still be impossible because of the snow. I also continued going to the gym and even if the classes were in French they were easy to understand as Les Mills is the same everywhere. I really kept going from week to week. 





Maaliskuu

Minulle sanottiin että 2013 oli kylmin kevät pitkään aikaan, mutta maaliskuussa alkoi sitä lämpöäkin näkymään. Oli myös pääsiäisen aika ja matkustin Sveitsiin tapaamaan sveitsiläisperhettäni. Asuin heidän luonaan yhden kesän kun olin nuorempi. En ollut nähnyt heitä vuosiin joten viettämäni päivät siellä olivat aivan ihania. Kun alkoi tulemaan lämpimämpää oli myös mahdollista vähentää juoksuvaatteita, joka ei Suomessa olisi mahdollista maaliskuussa lumen takia. Jatkoin myös salilla käyntiä ja vaikka tunnit olivat ranskaksi oli niitä helppo ymmärtää sillä Les Mills on sama kaikkialla. Jaksoin hyvin pusertaa viikosta toiseen. 

No comments :

Post a Comment