Friday, April 26, 2013

Exploring Madrid

After sleeping long and enjoying a nice breakfast me and Ann met at my hotel so we could go explore Madrid. Since everything was close we decided to walk through Plaza de Espana to the Royal Palace. It was stunning from the inside, unfortunately no pictures were allowed inside the palace. We saw all the glitz and glamour of the past kings and queens, from the Coronation Hall to the Royal Gala Dining Hall.






The Gala Dining Hall (photo not taken by me)


After the Palace we took a look inside the Cathedral next to it. Then it was time for some quick lunch and to walk around and check out the shops a bit. We then headed back to my hotel to get my things and drop them off at the Atocha Railway Station. Unfortunately we miscalculated the time and I didn't have time to go to the Prado museum, just a quick look outside. I was taking the train to Malaga from where I was gonna head to Marbella to stay with some family for a few days. I must say that of all the trains I've taken in Europe now; France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland, the Spanish train was probably the nicest one. The seats were roomy and there was also a movie, Argo that we could watch while traveling with the given headphones. It was an AVE train, which is one of the faster trains in Spain so it didn't feel uncomfortable at all. An AVE from Madrid to Barcelona is only 2,5h for example if you want to try it.



The Cathedral

The Prado Museum



No comments :

Post a Comment