Thursday, April 25, 2013

Sunny Madrid

After the rainy weekend in Milan it was time to head to Madrid. When I arrived in Nice the night before I heard from my mother that Lufthansa, the flight I had on my way to Madrid, was going to be on a strike and most flights cancelled on Monday. So of course I had to call Lufthansa France customer service in the middle of the night and it turned out better than I thought. Instead of not getting to go to Spain at all I got a straight flight to Madrid which would arrive the same time as the original but leave much later.

Getting out in Madrid and walking to my hotel felt nice cause finally there was some sunshine and warmth. My hotel was on Gran Vía, the main avenue if you can say in Madrid. The reception at the hotel was so kinda and warm. I went to my room to freshen up a bit and then headed out. I was walking around, taking it easy just enjoying the sun. I sat at Plaza de Espana just doing nothing for once, then walked to see the royal palace and the cathedral and then slowly back to my hotel. Ann arrived to Madrid a few hours after me and was unfortunately so tired that we didn't go out so I just spent the evening in my room watching tv and ordered some room service.

My hotel room

The view from the room over Gran Vía

Plaza de Espana

The royal palace


The cathedral





No comments :

Post a Comment