Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Montana and Savoy Bar

After some serious window shopping we headed for the Montana, one of the finest hotels in Lucerne. We sat down at the bar and ordered some bubbly while enjoying the stunning view over the Lucerne lake. Imagining that view in the middle of the winter with snowfall and the fireplace going in the back with a nice drink in your hand, is there anything more romantic? This bar also has a whole cupboard full of really old whisky worth seeing, some of them are several tens of years old.

The Louis Bar is the city’s famous hotspot for a drink, live music and inspiring encounters. The bar boasts the most precious whisky collection of Central Switzerland with over 130 Classic Malts of Scotland in stock – the perfect location to savour the peaty, pungent smoky taste. 

The Louis Bar at Hotel Montana





After dropping Timo off and saying goodbye me and Jutta headed to Zürich. My flight wasn't until later in the evening so we decided to walk around a bit and grab something to eat. It was a really versatile trip; I saw rain, snow and today even hail. Since pretty much everything was closed we didn't even look and decided to head for the Savoy Bar at the Savoy hotel on Paradeplatz. The atmosphere was everything you could expect; waiters in tuxedos, a man playing the piano in the background, nice people and great food. We decided to try the club sandwich and I must say it was one of the best club sandwiches I've ever had.

We listened for the piano music for a while and then it was time to head to the airport. My trip was coming to an end and I enjoyed it so much. Thanks to Jutta and the whole family for having me, I love you and hope to see you sooner rather than later! ;) <3

The Savoy Bar






No comments :

Post a Comment